Tired of overcooked dried out chicken breast in your Chicken Parmesan? This version is packed with fresh mozzarella and Italian sausage sure to keep this updated keto recipe juicy and delicious.
The Most Popular Italian Dish in the World
Chicken Parmesan is one of the most popular Italian dishes around the world and especially in the United States. However it’s also one of the most generic. We have all had those over breaded, overcooked sad representations of my heritage served at restaurants and local pizzerias. I wanted to update this classic dish but still keep it familiar. Its an easy recipe that’s perfect for family style dinners any night of the week. As a good Italian boy myself I stand behind this recipe 100% Even though I didn’t make my own Marinara I Challenge you to find a better sauce than Rao’s Homemade
Sausage Stuffed Chicken Parm Porn!!
This Recipe is stuffed with fresh mozzarella cheese and Italian sausage wrapped in prosciutto.The Prosciutto does a great job holding everything together and adds tons of flavor. I dust the outside with grated Parmesan cheese and bake in the oven. Finish the recipe by topping it with a small amount of tomato sauce and provolone. The stuffing really keeps the chicken moist and tender throughout the cooking process and will impress even the pickiest Paesano. The kids seem to love this dish as much as the adults making it perfect for the whole familia. Looking for a quick side dish to go with this recipe?? try my Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus.
I served this over a cauliflower mushroom risotto and sliced the breast 2 different ways. The round slices are great because everyone can have the amount they want if your serving family style. If this is a romantic dinner for 2 I prefer to make a single diagonal cut to expose the cheesy, porky goodness.
Low Carb Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
- To prepare your chicken breast you’ll be making 2 cuts the first will be made by slicing the breast at a 45 degree angle and fold the breast open without cutting all the way through. Next cut the opposite direction the same way so that the chicken is opened like a tri-fold. Then make a few shallow cuts to help the breast spread out and cook evenly.
- Once the breast is butterflied take about 2oz. of sausage and press it into the center of the chicken evenly spread out. Then lay a few slices of fresh mozzarella cheese in the center.
- Firmly fold the chicken back to its original shape and overlap the folds.
- Place 2 slices of prosciutto on your prep surface and overlap so they are the same length as the chicken. Wrap the prosciutto around the chicken and tuck underneath.
- Don’t worry if it’s not the prettiest thing in the world cause your gonna cover it with sauce and cheese in a little while.
- Place you’re stuffed chicken breasts on a sheet pan and season with, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan
- Bake the chicken at 325 for 45 minutes. Be sure the center has reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees
- Next add a ¼ cup of Rao’s tomato sauce on each piece of chicken. then top with 2 slices of Provolone then broil until cheese is melted.
- Let Chicken Breasts rest for about 5-7 minutes befor serving.