One of my absolute favorite easy low carb desserts has to be this chocolate strawberry olive oil cake. Baked in a cast iron skillet this cake is moist and flavorful without being overly sweet.
Low Carb Olive Oil Cakes are so delicious you’ll never miss the flour.
Though baking is not my favorite pastime I do dabble a bit when I want to make something special for friends and family. I have a very popular Lemon Olive oil cake made in a springform pan. I wanted to try making a similar recipe using a cast iron skillet because I love the crusty edges that you get baking with cast iron. You almost approach this cake the way you would bake cornbread. It’s really as simple as whisking the ingredients together pouring in a skillet and popping into the oven to bake. I used a 9” cast iron skillet for this recipe but you could make individual cakes using 3.5” skillets if you wanted. You can make 6 mini cakes following the same instructions just cut the baking time by about half.
Chocolate & Strawberries
When it comes to flavor pairing chocolate and strawberries were just meant to be together. I prefer using a dark unsweetened chocolate so the natural sugars in the strawberry can balance out the chocolate without overwhelming it. Because the recipe has strawberries you can also cut back on the other sweeteners. I almost exclusively bake with Allulose now because it doesn’t have a grainy texture or cooling effect like erythritol does. I also do not experience any abdominal distress like I would if I ate too much erythritol.
Gluten Free Nut Free Olive Oil cake
For those with both gluten and nut allergies this is the recipe for you. It’s also completely dairy free so it really checks off a lot of boxes for those with food sensitivities but I assure you it doesn’t lack a drop of flavor. The unseasoned Pork King Good Crumbs are a great ingredient to add a light fluffy texture to baked goods without a porky flavor I promise. You wouldn’t know it was there unless I told you. Out of all of the low carb cakes and desserts I’ve tried this is a recipe I keep going back to and making again and again.
Need More Dessert Inspiration
- Lemon Zucchini Olive Oil Cake
- No Bake Cannoli Cheesecake
- Lemon Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies
- Margarita Ice Box Pie
- Black Bottom Brownie Skillets
Strawberry Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine Dry ingredients: Coconut Flour, Allulose, Real Salt, Pork King good Crumbs, Chia Seeds, Baking Powder and Gelatin. Then in separate bowl combine wet ingredients: Eggs, Olive Oil and Vanilla
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Chop up the bakers chocolate into small chunks then fold into the batter.
- Grease a 9" Cast Iron pan well with oil then pour cake batter into the center of the pan. Try to avoid getting any on the sides. Batter will distribute out to full the pan. Next gently place strawberries in the pan and cover with foil before baking for 35-40 minutes. then uncover for last 15-20 minutes of cooking.
- After cake is fully cooked dust with about 2 tbsp of Allulose on top of cake and let cool for at least 45 minutes before slicing.
This page contains affiliate links