This recipe is 100% inspired by @ketomadesimple on Instagram. She comes up with fantastic easy to make recipes and I highly recommend checking out her page and upcoming book. “Keto Your Way” Available for preorder on amazon.
Chaffles are so in right now!!
The chaffle craze has taken over the internet and I had to see what all the fuss was about. My days as a chef we would make different types of savory waffles but flour was still the main ingredient. Definitely not keto friendly ingredients back then. This Chaffle is incredibly simple especially using the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. You only need a few ingredients to make these crispy cheddar Chaffles yourself. Pro Tip* keep a paper towel underneath the waffle maker for easy clean up.
Easy Smoked Pulled Pork Recipe
There’s plenty of methods to prepare your pulled pork. I smoked mine using a Rec Tec Pellet Smoker cooking a 5-6 pound pork butt at 250 degrees F. For 7-8 hours until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 205 degrees F. Your pork will hit a wall somewhere around the 4-6 hr mark where the internal temperature seems to stop going up. That is what’s commonly referred to as the Stall.
A great way to push through that is to wrap your meat in heavy duty aluminum foil. I actually prefer to use Peach Butcher Paper because I feel it lets the meat breathe and maintain its moisture. Once the pork has reached an internal temperature of 205 degrees F it’s important to let the meat rest for at least 1 hr before pulling it. If you pull the pork immediately all the juices will rush out leaving you with dry meat.
Alternasweets BBQ Sauce…The Best Sauce in Keto!!
If you do have dry meat you can definitely save the day with a keto friendly bbq sauce. I can say I’ve tried almost every low carb bbq sauce out there and Alternasweets is by far the best. It’s got the perfect amount of spice and flavor without any fake sugar aftertaste that some other brands have. I use their sauces on all of my bbq and don’t know what I would do without it. I’m so happy that I can continue my passion for bbq and maintain my ketogenic lifestyle.
Ranch Slaw…Keep it Simple!!
I wanted to keep this coleslaw as simple as possible and not complicate the recipe with too many ingredients. I simply bought a bag of kale and shredded cabbage, added my favorite ranch dressing added a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of real salt. Using ranch gives the slaw a ton of flavor and pairs perfectly with pulled pork.
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp BBQ Rub
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- Combine ingredients well then scoop out a 1/4 cup and pour into bottom of the waffle maker, cook for about 5 minutes per waffle
- For extra crispy waffles cook 7-8 minutes
- Combine all ingredients in a Mixing bowl and chill for 30 minutes before serving
Smoked Pulled Pork
- 5 lb Pork Butt
- 1/4 cup BBQ Rub
- 2 tbsp yellow Mustard
- 1/2 cup Alternasweets BBQ Sauce
- Brush mustard on all surfaces of pork butt then season with bbq rub. don't actually rub the seasoning in. pat the rub if necessary but try to keep the rub evenly distributed over the meat
- Set smoker to 250 degrees F. Smoke the pork uncovered until the meat has stalled around the 4 our mark, then wrap tightly in butcher paper and continue to cook until you reach an internal temperature of 205 degrees F.
- Let Pork Rest for at least 1 hour before pulling. once its time to shred, use 2 forks to pull the meat apart then add bbq sauce and serve.