I get a lot of questions on Miracle Rice. I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes using Miracle Rice. If you’re looking for Low carb and Keto recipes that are easy to make and great for Meal Prep This is for you. I only post recipes that I eat myself and these are definitely ones that I have made multiple times.
1. Pizza Fried Rice
Yes you read that post correctly and possibly clicked the link out of sheer curiosity. I’ve been playing around with pizza casseroles and got the idea to use miracle rice to bulk up the dish without adding any extra carbs or calories. If you want you can substitute cauliflower rice or if you’re not a keto head just use a leftover box of takeout rice. The Miracle Rice absorbs all the Pizza goodness and lets the toppings take center stage. I knew this was a winner from the first bite!!! I topped my pizza fried rice supreme style with olives, peppers, onions and mushrooms along with sausage and pepperoni but get creative and use whatever topping you like, Except pineapple…Not because it has carbs, I just don’t trust anybody that puts pineapple on pizza.
Keto Pizza Fried Rice
- 2 bags Miracle Rice
- 2 cooked Italian sausage links sliced
- 1 cup Rao’s marinara
- ½ diced white onion
- ½ diced green pepper
- 3 oz sliced black olives
- 1 can pieces & stem mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 oz pepperoni
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp real salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp crushed chili flakes
- Garnish w/ fresh basil leaves and grated pecorino Romano optional
- Drain Miracle Rice in a colander and rinse under hot water for one minute, Let drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter over medium heat then add diced peppers and onions. Sauté for a few minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- Add Miracle rice and stir until all excess moisture has evaporated (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add sausage, mushrooms and olives, stir until warm, then add seasonings
- Add ½ cup of marinara sauce, stir to combine
- Add heavy cream and Parmesan, stir to combine.
- Turn off heat, spread remaining ½ cup of marinara over the rice mixture.
- Top with mozzarella and pepperoni
- Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes depending on oven until desired meltin
2. Cheesesteak Risotto
During the week, everyone is busy with life’s many commitments. You don’t always have time to make a dish with multiple components, you’ve got one pan and 20 minutes. This recipe for Cheesesteak Risotto is so easy to make for a weeknight meal or meal prep.
This recipe requires almost zero prep, sliced scallions are the only thing that’s not already prepared. You can substitute ground beef or another thinly sliced steak if you don’t want to use steak umms but I have a soft spot for this nostalgic frozen product. Trader Joe’s has a fresh thinly sliced Ribeye that is fantastic as a higher quality option.
- 12 oz Steak Umm or Shaved Ribeye
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower
- 2 bags Miracle Rice
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Shredded Provolone or Cheddar
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Scallions
- 2 oz Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Calabrian Chiles Optional Garnish
- Cut frozen steak into ½ inch strips then add to pan with butter.
- Sauté steak until about halfway cooked then add cauliflower, mushrooms and drained and rinsed miracle rice. Continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cauliflower and mushrooms are softened.
- Add seasoning and heavy cream, reduce until sauce thickens. Turn off heat and slowly stir in Parmesan and cheese of your choice.
3. Miracle Chaffles
Back again with another variation of the chaffle. I’ve seen some people mention that the calories are too high. I wanted to try to bulk them up but not add any more carbohydrates or calories. That’s where the miracle rice comes in. Miracle Rice Chaffles have about a ⅓ less calories of the traditional Chaffle recipe.
Instead of getting 4 chaffles like you do from my previous chaffle recipes. The Miracle Rice Chaffles Make 6. They still taste fantastic and have a crispy crust. They almost remind me of hash browns with the konjac rice mixed in with the eggs and cheese. That’s why it was a no brainer to make a breakfast Sandwich.
Miracle Rice Chaffles
- Rinse Miracle Rice under warm water for about 30 seconds then drain completly
- Combine all Ingredients in a mixing bowl, Heat Waffle Maker
- Lightly spray both sides of the waffle maker before adding a 1/4 cup of the mixture. If using a full size waffle maker portion size will vary
- Grill each waffle until crispy About 4-5 Minutes
4. Togarashi Pork Fried Rice
No shortage of flavor in this ketofied pork fried rice recipe. Great for meal prep or just a quick healthy meal you’ll be eating in less than 15 minutes. Need something quick and easy that will keep you full without slowing you down? This low carb fried rice recipe is a must try.
Togarashi can be used as an ingredient in recipes or as a seasoning used to crust meats and fish. Togarashi adds spice to a dish without the overly acidic flavors that a hot sauce might have. You can use it just like you would salt and pepper to shake on top of anything. Its great for stir frys and salad to a pork loin or seared tuna.
Keto Togarashi Pork Fried Rice
- In a pan over medium heat sauté pork rendering out the fat. Add drained and rinsed miracle rice to the pan to remove any excess liquid.
- Next add the cabbage mushrooms and scallions, continue to cook until cabbage is tender but still has some texture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir for just a minute until combined. For additional flavor and creamy texture and a tablespoon of mayo on top. Sounds strange but it will blow you away.
Beet Tartare W/ Seared Scallops
Heres a culinary fake out sure to impress even the foodiest of foodies. a quick and relatively simple low carb seafood dish that you’ll be proud to share.
First off thank you if you’re reading this blog post. This recipe is one that is completely self indulging and I don’t expect many people to click on this for any reason other than pure WTF curiosity. Dishes like this are made to confuse the brain and the palate by giving you a familiar visual but completely different flavors. At first glimpse you think you’ve got a cold raw beef dish but in actuality it’s low carb rice colored with beet powder sauteed in bacon, egg yolks and cheese.
Beet Tartare w/ Seared Scallops
- In a nonstick pan over medium high heat sear scallops for about 2-3 minutes on one side not turning until ideal golden color is achieved.
- Turn scallops over and cook for 30 seconds to a minute then remove from pan and cover with foil to stay warm and rest.
- Add diced bacon to the same pan and cook until crispy.
- Drain and rinse Miracle rice under hot water for a minute before adding to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes then deglaze the pan with chicken stock and add beet powder. Stir constantly until rice turns color to a red tone.
- Remove heat and add a beaten egg yolk and cheese stirring quickly until the rice has thickened.
- Plate the rice mixture in a bowl then top with the seared scallops, if you have high quality fresh eggs you may want to top your dish with a egg yolk in the center. You could also serve with a sunny side up or poached egg. Grate a bit of Pecorino to finish the plate.