Looking for something that can stand up to the thickest guacamole without snapping in half. These Keto cheese Chips are the latest technology in low carb dipping and sure to be a favorite snack for anyone looking for a grain free crunch.
With the Big game coming up in February I thought this recipe would be the perfect addition to your tailgate spread. These Keto cheese chips are crunchy and sturdy enough to hold up to any dip while giving you all the cheesy goodness you want from a nacho. Only two ingredients make this a very easy low carb recipe everyone is sure to love.
Other than people missing bread, the number one thing I hear people missing is the crunch of chips and tortillas. Pork rinds are definitely an option as well as Parmesan crisps but then with the inspiration of some fellow keto Kreators I had the idea to try to make Cheese chips.
This is a pretty simple recipe and really only requires 2 ingredients, after that you can season them however you like, I used some Taco Knight seasoning from Dak’s spices but you can season them with a chili lime spice or a ranch seasoning that would be equally delicious.
I recommend using a true shredded cheddar cheese for this recipe over a blend and look for the thinker size shred known commonly as a feather shred cut as opposed to a thinner shred known as a fancy shred. This will allow the cheese to melt evenly and not turn greasy. All that being said feel free to experiment with different cheeses and cuts. If you find a cheese that works better please share your findings.
There is one catch with this tasty recipe. The worse the chips look the better they will taste. You’ll be tempted to pull them out of the oven and take some pretty pics as soon as they begin to puff up and turn golden but keep your eye on them and bake the chips as long as you can without burning them. Now I’m not telling you to be a hero and take it too far but just a helpful tip that for the crispiest results you’ll want to bake these guys as long as you can. The second tip is to let them cool for at least 15 minutes before chomping down on these cheesy chips!
Check out Instagram.com/keto.ninfem for her coconut puffs recipe that was the original inspiration that spawned my recipe, mainly because I didn’t have mozzarella on hand and figured I’d try the recipe with cheddar. The result was a tasty happy accident.Print Recipe
Keto Cheese Chips
- Microwave cheddar cheese in 30 second bursts stirring in between until Cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Immediately add coconut flour and mix until a dough forms. You should start with a plastic spatula but once it cools down a bit you can pick the dough up to finish forming it into a dough ball
- Place the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out as thin and even as possible without tearing. As you see in the video it doesn’t always come out to an even shape but don’t worry you’ll be able to cut the chips into triangles.
- Using a pizza cutter cut strips across and set aside the strips accept the one you are cutting into triangles. You can use that same pizza cutter or I actually got better results using a bench scraper
- Once you’ve cut all you chips line them on a sheet pan with parchment paper with about a ½ inch of space in between each chip. Any overlapping will cause them to stick together.
- Bake chips at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes and then keep your eyes on them to get them as crispy as possible without burning them.