No Boring Keto Recipes Here!!
Tired of the same boring Keto recipes?? Well you’ve come to the right place!! This Keto brunch linguine is made with Palmini noodles which are made from hearts of palm. They are a great low carb alternative to traditional pasta with only 4 net carbs per serving. They have a slight tangy flavor that pairs very well with the rich bratwurst and Dijon cream. As if that wasn’t enough I bring the dish together with gruyere cheese.
Palmini or Miracle Noodles?? Can’t we just have both
As much as I do enjoy Miracle Noodles some people I talk to are turned off by the smell when opening the package and chewy texture. I wanted to give you another low carb option so I recently tried out Palmini Linguine. It’s made from hearts of palm which threw me off because normally I’m not of a fan. However these noodles are not mushy and actually have a really great mouth feel similar to al dente pasta. There is a slight briny flavor but I found it disappears when added to a sauce.
It’s a bit higher carb and calorie count than miracle but it’s still well within the range of a standard ketogenic lifestyle. Palmini is a great gluten free option and is vegan as well. I prefer the Palmini for rich sauces like Bolognese or Alfredo but would use the miracle noodles for Asian dishes like Ramen or pho. Check out this Spicy Thai Noodle Recipe using Miracle noodles
Brunch Pasta? Brats and Eggs w/ Dijon Cream Sauce
This Keto brunch pasta recipe was another recipe that was born on the fly while meal prepping. I had just purchased some brats from my local butcher and wanted to create a dish that could be enjoyed anytime of day. It’s packed with protein from the sausage and eggs. The carbs are fairly low and you’ve got a nice balance of fat coming from the ghee, cream and cheese. I eat a double portion of this dish and I’m full for the whole day.
Air Fryer…A home cooks Best Friend
To save time I cook the brats in my air fryer then add them to the dish at the end. I prep a bunch of sausage so they’re ready throughout the week and I can use them in many different ways. If you are only preparing a few brats for this recipe you can alway just sauté them in the pan first and set aside. The eggs are cooked about half way so that when they’re added to the dish they don’t over cook too much. In total this dish was plated and even photographed in less than 30 minutes. If you double up the recipe you’ll have extra meal prep portions all week long.
Keto Brunch Pasta: Brats & Eggs w/ Dijon Cream Sauce
- 1 can Palmini Linguine
- 8 oz Bratwurst Sausage Cooked (sliced)
- 2 Eggs Scrambled
- 1 tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Water or Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Gruyere Cheese
- 2 tbsp Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Onion salt Trader Joes
- 1/8 tsp Mushroom Umami Powder Trader Joes
- 1/8 tsp Redmonds Real Salt
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Dill Garnish (optional)
- Air fry Brats for 10-12 minutes at 370 degrees F.
- in a large sauce pan scramble eggs with ghee until about half way cooked, set aside to cool
- in same pan add drainned Palmini Linguine along with sliced cooked brats. saute for 1 minute then add heavy cream, Dijon and water. cook for a few minutes until pasta is coated.
- add in seasonings and cheese, stir until sauce thickens and cheese is melted. fold in the eggs and garnish with fresh Dill