What happens when you put an Italian sausage link inside of a meatball, then top it with marinara and cheese? Keto bliss, that’s what. One of my tastiest recipes in the arsenal and surprisingly easy to prepare.
It started out as your average day for me working out in the garage, jamming out to some tunes, I’d been fasted for about 20 hrs and knew I was gonna have to make something to eat when I finished. The last week I’d been eating pretty much all meat and skipping the veggies to see how i felt, side note, I’ve had fantastic workouts and I’m feeling really good.
As I was thinking about what was in the fridge I came up with this crazy idea to make a meatball mix then wrap it around a spicy Italian sausage link. That would have been a tasty meal by itself but when has wrapping something in bacon ever been a bad thing? So I did! After that I figured hell, I might as well pour a bit of my favorite Marinara sauce Rao’s and melt a couple of slices of provolone to top it off.
I kept this meatball fairly simple and only used ground beef and minimal ingredients, (if you want a fantastic meatball check out this YouTube recipe I did a few months ago Link Below.) the goal was to keep it simple and add just enough flavor and moisture to the beef but not make it overly complicated. I had a all natural spicy sausage that has pretty good ingredients to fortify the flavor of the beef and wrapping the whole thing in bacon was just the peace de resistance.
Because I eat one meal a day most days I ate an entire bomb but you can portion into slices very easily if you want to cut the portion size down. It all depends on your daily macros and your dietary goals. These would be great served over my Cauliflower Risotto or Prosciutto wrapped asparugus, You can always make a homemade marinara but I really do love Rao’s homemade sauce and it cuts the prep time down so it was a no brainer for me.
I had no clue what to name this creation so I posted on my Instagram and Facebook accounts to ask what everyone thought the name should be, I had a lot of great ideas, some I can’t mention but ultimately went with the one I thought most accurately described the dish and had a catchy ring as well. I think the Keto Guido Bomb Parmesan has got a nice ring to it and if you try it you’ll find it tastes pretty amazing too.
Keto Guido Bomb Parmesan
- Mix all ingredients except ground beef in a bowl.
- Once combined add the ground beef and mix until fully incorporated.
Guido Bomb Parmesan
- Split the meatball mixture into two patties and pat out to an even size.
- Place sausage in the center and roll the sides around and form around the sausage evenly.
- Wrap one piece of bacon long ways around the ends meeting in the middle, then wrap the next four slices around until the bomb is completely covered.
- Bake on a raised baking rack for about 1 hour at 380 degrees F.
- ( the internal temperature of the bomb should be 150 degrees, if the bomb is done cooking but the bacon isn’t crispy, switch the oven setting to broil and cook until bacon is crisp.)
- Place bomb in a oven safe pan or mini cast iron , top with ¼ cup marinara on each one, two slices of provolone and a tablespoon of Parmesan.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until Cheese is melted.