If you are Looking For the Ultimate Keto Gameday Chili Recipe then you have arrived at your destination. If flavor and a full belly is what you seek than rest assured this low carb chili has it all and more!
I’ve had this recipe in my back pocket for a while and I wasn’t sure when to release it until I looked at the weather forecast and decided it’s officially chili season. Of course you can have chili any time of year but there’s something about a hearty bowl of warm meaty goodness that just satisfies the soul. The beauty of this being a keto/ low carb version is we don’t even have to argue over whether chili should have beans or not, personally I’m team “no beans” but I digress.
So why should you make this recipe and not one of the countless others?? Well if you’re reading this I’m hoping it means you’ve either tried some of my other recipes or you trust my taste in flavors. Either way your faith in me is appreciated and I promise you’ll not be let down. Two ingredients I’m betting you won’t find in many recipes are baking chocolate and almond butter. Both are added to cream a smooth rich texture as well as adding healthy fats to the chili. Almonds and chocolate are ingredients commonly found in mole so adding them to chili isn’t that unusual. Just like any broth or tomato based soup this chili only gets better with time. Though it’s fantastic the first day somehow an evening in the fridge only intensifies the flavors and don’t even get me started on how it tastes on day three. That’s just one reason this chili is ideal for meal prep.
Lastly the toppings, one of my favorite parts of having chili is all the toppings that you can add to customize the perfect bowl. If you’re having a group over to watch the big game set up a chili bar with all your favorite ingredients so everyone can make their chili just the way they like it. I wrote a list of some toppings I think you’ll enjoy but the possibilities and combinations are truly endless.
Ultimate Keto Game Day Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ½ lb sliced bacon
- 1 white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 can rotel tomatoes and chilis
- 1 cup Riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoon Alternasweets Spicy Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon Sambal oelek chili paste
- 2 squares baker’s chocolate
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Real salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- Brown off ground beef until fully cooked in a large pot over medium heat. Strain off grease and remove ground beef from pot.
- In the same large pot on medium heat sauté onions, peppers, riced raw cauliflower and diced bacon with avocado oil until veggies are soft and bacon is cooked (7-10 minutes) when bacon is about half way cooked add in dry seasoning to infuse flavors
- Turn heat to medium low then add ground beef back into the pot and cook for a few minutes before adding the Spicy ketchup, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut aminos, Worcestershire and sambal oelek. Stir for about 5 minutes
- Next add almond butter and baking chocolate stirring until melted
- Continue to simmer on low for 30 minutes or up to a few hours to intensify flavors