Everything Salmon is a dish that is sure to impress any guest Keto or otherwise. the fresh heirloom tomato salad on the side is a perfect compliment to the richness of the salmon
Everything Salmon Is Everything!!
I’ve always enjoyed everything bagel seasoning but felt that it’s name was misleading. Does it really have everything??? The answer is no mainly because it doesn’t have bacon in it, but we fixed that and then some by loading up a cream cheese spread with some of my favorite toppings that I would put on salmon lox. This mixture is so good it could be a dip itself and I’ll probably write a companion blog to this recipe soon enough with a dip recipe.
Instead of using smoked salmon I elected to use a beautiful filet of Atlantic salmon, slathered the spread atop and baked it in the oven. The result was an incredibly moist piece of fish that was perfectly cooked and so flavorful that I knew I had to share this recipe immediately. Trader Joes has the most popular brand of Everything Bagel Seasoning but Ive found plenty of other varieties at Costco and Online.
Heirloom Tomato Salad
As the salmon was cooking I wasn’t sure what to serve alongside when I remembered I had just picked up some wonderful heirloom cherry tomatoes. I made a quick marinade/dressing using some of the same ingredients I used in the cream cheese spread as well as some olive oil and sherry vinegar to give the tomatoes a zesty zip.
The key to this salad is letting the tomatoes and onion marinate while the fish cooks. Wait to toss the arugula right before serving. I actually waited until the fish had rested for five minutes before adding the arugula. Then gently folding it in with the other ingredients. Not only was this a stunning plate of food but the fish and salad complemented each other perfectly.
No Salmon Love? Substitute Chicken
If you’re not a fan of salmon like one member of my family. You can substitute chicken and just bake for a few additional minutes. Depending on size of the breast until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees F. Please make sure to tag culinary Lion on social media and I look forward to hearing what you think. If this tomato salad is a bit higher in carb then you’d like just substitute a green salad, sautéed spinach or roasted asparagus to lower the carbs to fit your macros.
Love Salmon as Much as I do?? checkout these Recipes
Low Carb Everything Salmon w/ Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 6 6 oz salmon filets
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup bacon chopped cooked
- ½ red onion diced
- 2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon capers chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 Tsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except salmon (obviously) and fold until fully combined
- Top each salmon filet with about ¼ of the cream cheese mixture
- Sprinkle additional everything bagel seasoning on top of cream cheese and place salmon on a pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake salmon for about 15-20 minutes until internal temperature of the fish has reached 135 degrees F. Let salmon rest for about 3-5 minutes while you toss the arugula into the marinated tomato mixture and serve.
Balsamic Marinated Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Slice the tomatoes in half and thinly slice onions
- Toss or stir to combine all additional ingredients except for arugula. Let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes while Salmon is cooking.
- Once salmon is ready add arugula to marinated tomatoes and gently fold until greens are fully coated.
This site Contains Affiliates