This Low Carb Cheeseburger Brunch Casserole has all your favorite classic cheeseburger condiments all rolled into an easy to prepare casserole perfect for a lazy Sunday or meal prep to last you all week long.
Perfect Lazy Sunday Casserole
Picture this, a cold Sunday morning, you slept in and already had your morning coffee and have very little intention of putting on pants today. It’s 10:30am and you feel it’s too late for breakfast and too soon for lunch. Well this sounds like a job for “Super Brunch”
Why not take the best parts of breakfast and combine them with a classically cravable fast food burger. This Cheeseburger Brunch Casserole checks all those boxes for me with all that cheeseburger goodness in breakfast casserole form. This keto friendly Casserole can be prepared the night before in a 9×13 casserole dish or made on the spot the next morning.
Preparing for Meal Prep
Casseroles like this are great options for meal prep. You can make a big pan and basically have 8 meals ready to go. You can also freeze the casserole for later if you don’t want to eat the same thing for 7 days. I like to portion out my cheeseburger brunch casserole into glass reusable meal prep containers and then put a few pickle chips along with alternasweets ketchup and whataburger mustard portion into 2oz Portion Cups. To make life easier after you prepare the casserole cool it down to room temperature then place in the fridge to firm up. The casserole will be much easier to slice into portions. I calculated this recipe out to be 8 potions but you could definitely stretch this same recipe out to 10 or 12 smaller portions depending on your caloric needs. Use Code LION for 5% off at Alternasweets.com
Make it your way!! Customize to your tastebuds.
I kept the toppings and condiments pretty basic for this recipe but you can put your own spin on any of the ingredients. You could add toppings like mushrooms or chopped bacon or take out the onions for even lower carb counts. You can switch up the cheese from cheddar to a pepper jack or swiss to class things up a bit. I know this sounds a bit strange but adding some shredded lettuce and tomato along with a dollop of thousand island dressing will remind you of that “Big” burger from that place with the Golden Arches.
Miracle Rice to bulk up your Cheeseburger Brunch Casserole
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Miracle Rice. I use it in everything from my Cheesesteak Risotto to my Breakfast Sandwich Chaffles. Miracle rice adds bulk to meals to help keep me full without adding a lot of calories to the dish. If you don’t have any miracle rice on hand you can substitute Riced Cauliflower. I recommend cooking the cauliflower and draining so that your casserole doesn’t end up watery.
Helpful tips for preparing Miracle Rice
- Rinse under hot water for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Let drain completely
- Pat dry with a paper towel
- Lightly season with salt before adding to your dish
More Casserole Inspiration
- Bacon & Boursin Egg Casserole
- Keto Coney Dog Casserole
- Keto Cheese Steak Breakfast Casserole
- Hamburger Skillet Casserole
Cheeseburger Brunch Casserole
- 9×13 oven safe casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a pan brown off ground beef along with diced onion. Once fully cooked drain off excess liquid.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, softened cream cheese, heavy cream, mustard, ketchup and almond flour.
- Mix ground beef mixture and rinsed miracle rice and pour into 9×13 greased casserole pan. Sprinkle cheese over ground beef mixture then pour egg mixture evenly over the casserole pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes. Uncover top with remaining cheese and bake until casserole is fully cooked. You can check by poking the center with a toothpick and see if it comes out dry.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving. If portioning for meal prep let cool completely before portioning.
- Optional* Top with Pickle chips, Ketchup and Mustard
This Page Contains Affiliate Links